Our lead times differ depending on the fixture. Please refer to the lead times specified in each product description. Being a small business, lead times may fluctuate on occasion due to various factors such as bulk orders, holidays, pandemics, etc. If you require an expedited order, please contact us. We'll make every effort to meet your needs.
The "length" of the fixture is the vertical measurement from the ceiling to the bottom of the fixture. The "width" is the widest point (horizontally) of the fixture.
Partnering with our clients, we create and produce a bespoke fixture that is tailored to their requirements. Before starting the design process, we require a non-refundable design fee of $250. The design fee will be applied towards the purchase of the custom piece.
The majority of our hardwired fixtures are UL Listed for both dry and damp locations in the United States and Canada. These locations include bathrooms, kitchens, laundry rooms, and covered patios, provided the fixture is protected from the elements. Although our plug-in fixtures are not UL Listed, they are manufactured to meet UL standards.
Our fixtures are typically built with either E26 standard base sockets or E12 candelabra base sockets. Double check each product description to see which socket is used for that particular fixture. Depending on the fixture, E27 standard base European sockets may be substituted. Contact us if an E27 socket is required.
While installation instructions are included with the light fixtures, it's highly recommended that a licensed electrician perform the installation to ensure proper installation. Additionally, we suggest that the electrician wear gloves during installation to avoid leaving fingerprints and marks, especially on the brass components.
Most of our fixtures are rated for voltages up to 240v. Voltages are listed in each product description. Our lamps are built with U.S. standard cord ends (110v).
A cord and U.S. standard plug can be added to most sconces. Contact us if a cord and plug is required.
Here are some recommended steps for effectively cleaning your fixture:
- Use a slightly damp microfiber cloth to gently clean the fixture.
- Once cleaned, remove any excess moisture using a dry microfiber cloth.
- Avoid using abrasives or cleaners on the fixture as they may cause damage to the finish.
- If you have a natural brass fixture, you can use a non-abrasive cleaner to remove the patina (if desired).
At J Knox Designs, we are proud to offer a 5-year warranty on the electrical components and craftsmanship of our light fixtures. If there is an issue, our team will determine whether a repair or replacement is necessary. However, please note that damages caused by misuse, improper light bulb usage, weathering, or improper installation will not be covered. Additionally, failure to follow our care instructions will void the warranty entirely. Alterations or modifications to the fixture will also void the warranty. Any required repairs will be completed in our Texas studio. Please note that we cannot reimburse for any installation or product removal charges that occur. With proper care, our fixtures are designed to last a lifetime.
We take great pride in our work. Our fixtures are meticulously crafted with attention to detail in our Texas-based studio. Keep in mind that our fixtures are all handmade to order, so minor variations, slight irregularities, and "imperfections" may be present.
- Upon receipt of your order, we will send an email to confirm its receipt.
- Please note that our fixtures are handmade to order, so please refer to the product descriptions for accurate lead times.
- We ship all packages through insured FedEx Ground, USPS, or UPS. Please be aware that we cannot ship to P.O. boxes and that a signature is required on all packages over $200.
- Once your package has been shipped, we will send you an email with the tracking number. Please ensure that your shipping address is correct to avoid any issues.
- If a package is returned to J Knox Designs for any reason, the Buyer will be responsible for all reshipping fees.
- International buyers are responsible for all fees, including customs fees, taxes, and any other fees levied upon delivery of your merchandise.
At J Knox Designs, we take great pride in our craftsmanship and stand by our products. Since our fixtures are custom-made to order upon purchase, we generally do not accept returns or exchanges, except in cases of defects.
To ensure that you receive the best quality merchandise, we request that you carefully inspect all items immediately upon delivery and report any damages to J Knox Designs within 48 hours of receipt. Please retain all packaging and document any damage to file a claim. It's important to note that claims submitted after the 48-hour period will not be accepted. Additionally, we advise that you inspect your fixtures for any defects upon arrival. Defective claims will not be accepted if the fixture has already been installed. Finally, please be aware that J Knox Designs will not be held responsible for any expenses incurred for the installation of faulty fixtures.
Get in Touch – We Can't Wait to Hear from You!
Phone: (830) 998-8297